Our Critical Success Factors
Founded in 2003, Global Logistics Network (GLN) is an umbrella organization that encompasses leading independently owned and operated companies worldwide that specialize in the logistics industry - including freight forwarders, transportation intermediaries and associated companies - all working together in a network environment to benefit from our "Power of One" philosophy.
Today, GLN has a global presence that spans 536 Offices in 310 Cities in 135 Countries. With combined Annual Revenues of USD 9.5 Billion and 27,675 experienced and capable staff handling over 3 million shipments per year, GLN is larger in size than many multi-national forwarders and integrators. The purpose and objectives of GLN are to:
- Act as a worldwide umbrella network of selected members who cooperate under established standards, actively promote and support each other in the handling of profitable freight forwarding, logistics, customs brokerage and related services by the pooling of sales, operational and financial resources.
- Empower members with the capability to meet customers "Critical Success Factors" so that they may effectively compete with multi-nationals and integrators using innovative marketing and IT initiatives.
- Embrace a GLN global branding culture for the purpose of RFQ/RFP opportunities.
- Attract and maintain members who are the leaders in their own local markets with a global vision mentality; that maintain and surpass client satisfaction with a reputable status aligned with the highest integrity and service commitment versus accepted industry standards.
- Provide "value added facilities" to benefit members, maintain and promote the use of the GLN website to aid and assist the development of new business and to provide any other additional initiatives to benefit members through the "Power of One" philosophy.
- Develop a member-responsive network that will cooperate and develop a dynamic synergy, operational integrity and efficiencies with financial stability on a non-exclusive basis.
- Promote a network methodology that adheres to a philosophy of on-going and continuous quality improvement.